You Are Special – Events AG including social media and analytics tools.
1) Name and contact details of the data controller.
This privacy information applies to data processing by:
You Are Special – Events AG
T: +41 58 225 84 40
2) Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.you-are-special.ch, information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser used on your computer or mobile device (“terminal”). This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until deleted:
– IP address of the requesting computer,
– Date and time of access,
– Name and URL of the accessed file,
– Website from which the access is made (referrer URL),
– Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
– Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
– evaluation of system security and stability as well as
– for other administrative purposes.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If you have consented, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide an e-mail address and your first and last name.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your unsubscribe request at any time by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
c) When using our contact address
In case of questions of any kind, we offer you the possibility to contact us via an e-mail address provided on the website.
The data processing in the context of your contact with us is based on your voluntarily given consent.
The personal data we process in order to respond to your inquiry will be deleted after we have dealt with your inquiry.
deleted after the request you have made has been dealt with.
3) Transfer of data
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
– You have consented, for the fulfillment of contractual obligations and/or if this is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in the non-disclosure of your
– in the event that there is a legal obligation for the disclosure, as well as
– this is legally permissible and necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
In a cookie, information is stored that is related to the specific end device used. This does not mean, however, that we gain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your terminal device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already been with us and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically.
However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
5) Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
With the tracking measures listed below and used by us, we want to ensure a needs-based design and continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These purposes are to be regarded as legitimate interests.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/inrl/de/about) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymized usage profiles are created and cookies (see under point. 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as:
– Browser type/version,
– operating system used,
– Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
– host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
– time of the server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website and internet use for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptot?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices; you can also prevent the collection by Google Analytics in your settings. An opt-out cookie will be set, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found, for example, in the Google Analytics help
c) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking and Remarketing
In order to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate your data for the purpose of optimizing our website, we also use Google Conversion Tracking. Google Adwords sets a cookie (number 4) on your computer if you have accessed our website via a Google ad.
These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer’s website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be tracked across Adwords customers’ websites. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. The Adwords customers learn the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page tagged with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that can be used to identify users.
For further details on data processing by Google Adwords, please refer to the relevant privacy statements:
– Google Adwords: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=uk
In connection with the use of Google Adwords, your personal data is transferred to the USA. According to both the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and the European Commission, the USA does not have an adequate level of data protection. However, Google LLC. is subject to the Swiss-U.S. and the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, which ensures an adequate level of protection for your personal data. The full texts of the two U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks can be accessed at the following link:
Furthermore, we use the so-called conversion tracking as part of the use of the Google AdWords service. When you click on an ad placed by Google, a cookie for conversion tracking is stored on your end device. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days, do not contain any personal data and are therefore not used for personal identification. The information obtained by the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking.
d) Facebook Pixel
When you visit our websites, we monitor and document your user behavior in order to display individual recommendations on our websites based on this data. For this purpose, we process the following personal data:
– IP address
– UU ID
– Device fingerprints
– Browser Fingerprints
– Cookies (add reference to cookies)
– Geo IP-location
We process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in playing out product recommendations and carrying out marketing measures.
We use Facebook Pixel for the processing. Here, we only use the standard functions. For further details on data processing by Facebook Pixel, please refer to the corresponding privacy statements:
– Facebook Pixel: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
In connection with the use of Facebook Pixel, your personal data is transferred to the USA. According to both the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and the European Commission, the USA does not have an adequate level of data protection. However, Google LLC. is subject to the Swiss-U.S. and the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, which ensures an adequate level of protection for your personal data. The full texts of the two U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks can be accessed at the following link:
e) “Facebook Custom Audiences”
(1) Furthermore, the Website uses the “Custom Audiences” remarketing function of Facebook Inc (“Facebook”). This allows users of the website to be shown interest-based advertisements (“Facebook Ads”) when visiting the Facebook social network or other websites that also use the procedure. Our purpose in doing so is to display advertisements that are of interest to you in order to make our website more interesting for you.
(2) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Facebook server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Facebook through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge: Through the integration of Facebook Custom Audiences, Facebook receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding web page of our website, or clicked on an ad from us. If you are registered with a Facebook service, Facebook can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Facebook or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider will learn and store your IP address and other identifying features.
(3) Deactivation of the “Facebook Custom Audiences” function is possible here and for logged-in users at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#.
(4) The legal basis for the processing of your data is our legitimate interest. For more information on data processing by Facebook, please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
6) Social media plugins
We use social plugins from the social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on our website in order to make our company better known via these. The underlying promotional purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest. The responsibility for data protection-compliant operation is to be ensured by their respective providers. The integration of these plug-ins by us takes place by way of the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors to our website as best as possible.
Social media plug-ins from Facebook are used on our website to make their use more personal. For this purpose, we use the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button. This is an offer from Facebook:
When you call up a page of our website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection with Facebook’s servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser, which then integrates it into the website.
By integrating the plugins, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not currently logged in to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can directly assign your visit to our website to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information is also published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook may use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and demand-oriented design of the Facebook pages. For this purpose, Facebook creates usage, interest and relationship profiles, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website and to provide other services associated with the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to assign the data collected via our website to your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
Plugins of the short message network of Twitter Inc. (Twitter) are integrated on our website. You can recognize the Twitter plugins (tweet button) by the Twitter logo on our site. An overview of tweet buttons can be found here (https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons).
If you call up a page of our website that contains such a plugin, a connection is established directly between your browser and the Twitter server. Twitter thereby receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Twitter “tweet button” while logged into your Twitter account, you can link the content of our pages on your Twitter profile. This allows Twitter to associate the visit to our pages with your user account. We would like to point out that we, as the provider of the pages, have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or its use by Twitter.
If you do not want Twitter to be able to associate the visit to our pages, please log out of your Twitter user account.
Our website also uses so-called social plugins (“plugins”) from Instagram, which is operated by Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (“Instagram”).
The plugins are marked with an Instagram logo, for example in the form of an “Instagram camera”.
When you call up a page of our website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of Instagram. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Instagram directly to your browser and integrated into the page. Through this integration, Instagram receives the information that your browser has called up the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have an Instagram profile or are not currently logged in to Instagram.
This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to an Instagram server in the USA and stored there. If you are logged in to Instagram, Instagram can directly assign your visit to our website to your Instagram account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking the “Instagram” button, this information is also transmitted directly to an Instagram server and stored there.
The information is also published on your Instagram account and displayed there to your contacts.
If you do not want Instagram to directly assign the data collected via our website to your Instagram account, you must log out of Instagram before visiting our website.
d) You Tube
aa) Wir haben YouTube-Videos in unser Online-Angebot eingebunden, die auf http://www.YouTube.com gespeichert sind und von unserer Website aus direkt abspielbar sind. Diese sind alle im „erweiterten Datenschutz-Modus“ eingebunden, d. h. dass keine Daten über Sie als Nutzer an YouTube übertragen werden, wenn Sie die Videos nicht abspielen. Erst wenn Sie die Videos abspielen, werden die in Absatz c).2 genannten Daten übertragen. Auf diese Datenübertragung haben wir keinen Einfluss.
bb) Durch den Besuch auf der Website erhält YouTube die Information, dass Sie die entsprechende Unterseite unserer Website aufgerufen haben. Zudem werden die unter Ziffer 2 a) dieser Erklärung genannten Daten übermittelt. Dies erfolgt unabhängig davon, ob YouTube ein Nutzerkonto bereitstellt, über das Sie eingeloggt sind, oder ob kein Nutzerkonto besteht. Wenn Sie bei Google eingeloggt sind, werden Ihre Daten direkt Ihrem Konto zugeordnet. Wenn Sie die Zuordnung mit Ihrem Profil bei YouTube nicht wünschen, müssen Sie sich vor Aktivierung des Buttons ausloggen. YouTube speichert Ihre Daten als Nutzungsprofile und nutzt sie für Zwecke der Werbung, Marktforschung und/oder bedarfsgerechten Gestaltung seiner Website. Eine solche Auswertung erfolgt insbesondere (selbst für nicht eingeloggte Nutzer) zur Erbringung von bedarfsgerechter Werbung und um andere Nutzer des sozialen Netzwerks über Ihre Aktivitäten auf unserer Website zu informieren. Ihnen steht ein Widerspruchsrecht zu gegen die Bildung dieser Nutzerprofile, wobei Sie sich zur Ausübung dessen an YouTube richten müssen.
cc) Weitere Informationen zu Zweck und Umfang der Datenerhebung und ihrer Verarbeitung durch YouTube erhalten Sie in der Datenschutzerklärung. Dort erhalten Sie auch weitere Informationen zu Ihren Rechten und Einstellungsmöglichkeiten zum Schutze Ihrer Privatsphäre: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google verarbeitet Ihre Personendaten auch in den USA und hat sich dem Swiss-U.S. und dem EU-U.S.-Privacy-Shield unterworfen, https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
8) Data subject rights
You have the right:
– To request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the category of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification; deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it was not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
– Immediately request the correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
– Request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
– To request the restriction of the processing of your personal data to the extent that (i) the accuracy of the data is contested by you, (ii) the processing is unlawful but you object to its erasure, (iii) we no longer need the data but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or (iv) you have objected to the processing;
– To receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller;
– To revoke your consent, once given, to us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future; and
– To complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our company headquarters for this purpose.
9) Right of objection
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which will be implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of objection, an e-mail to email@example.com will suffice.
10) Data security
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status July 2022.
Due to the further development of our website and our offers or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to adapt this data protection declaration. You can access the current data protection declaration at any time on our website.